Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Grateful for Forever Families


8x10" "Families are Forever" chalkboard style poster print
My Great-Grandma Audrey in her 97th year passed away today, on the eve of her 77th Wedding Anniversary. I am so glad she gets to celebrate with Grandpa Virge! I am also so grateful for the power and strength that comes from family unity and the Priesthood. It was amazing how everyone worked together to get everyone's needs met. I am so glad she did not have to be alone and had family at her side to comfort her. Grandma Audrey was able to receive a Blessing from Uncle Jerry on Friday and another Blessing from Dad on Tuesday. The peace and comfort that came each time was greatly needed. I am so grateful for tender mercies. The Lord truly cares about the details of our lives and has a plan for each of us. LaRue Grandma's, visiting teacher for years, came to visit Grandma Audrey on the day she died just because she felt like she needed to. I love the peace and comfort the knowledge of the gospel brings in times like these. I am so grateful to know that we are a forever family, and we will be together again if we but remain faithful!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry McKell. Please pass on my condolences to you family. I'm out of town, but will be back on Friday, please let me know if there is anything your family needs. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We are doing good. It is much better now that my mom's parents are now back from China. It has been really tough going through this without them. Her funeral will be this Saturday. Always good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete