Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Another favorite song made better!



Simple Gifts comes from a Quaker Hymn. I have loved the melody ever since I heard it in Aaron Copland's Appalachian Spring.

I just love the words:

'Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free
'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be,
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.
When true simplicity is gain'd,
To bow and to bend we shan't be asham'd,
To turn, turn will be our delight,
Till by turning, turning we come 'round right.

I really like this arrangement, and I love the reminder that this life is a precious gift. In this world of chaos and the faster the better, I love the reminder to be simple. Maybe if I just keep turning and turning, I will come round right!

1 comment:

  1. I'm digging these piano guys too! Thanks for sharing cute sis!

    ReplyDelete