Monday, April 16, 2012

Growing Pains

My dad is going back to his gardener roots...the basement has turned into a greenhouse. It smells like the house in Charleston....



The flower bed gardens are so gorgeous with the springtime flowers! I love the pink tulips & daffodils. However, I am sad...the red tulips I planted last fall have not come up yet. I hope they will!



 I am also very excited about the peonies starting to grow. If you look very carefully you can see the shoot of one starting to come up!

We planted primroses in the pots of the front porch.

One of the pansies to survive the winter that was not.

As you can see I am a plant fanatic. I love working in the soil and watching beautiful plants grow. It is a lot of work, but it is worth it. My brother Clayton and his wife Nicole sent me a house warming present. It is a Valencia Orange Tree. I am super excited to see if I can get it to grow!



I love springtime! It just sings of hope and new beginnings!  

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome McKell! I had no idea your family was so into gardening. I have no idea how to do any of that, but I want to learn! Good luck with the Orange tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm not sure I "know" how to do any of it, but I sure have fun trying! Congrats on the upcoming baby!!!

    ReplyDelete